Below is an overview of how Your Canteen service uses and protects customer information:1. We store and use some of our customer information during their use of service. This is necessary in order for us to provide best possible service, process and deliver customer orders. This happens when:
2. Below are the kinds of personal information we need to collect in order to provide the service:
- Login and registration: In order for you to be able to place an order you are asked to provide information about yourself including your name, phone number, delivery address/es, order preferences (i.e. “note to chef”) and payment information such as credit or debit card information (Note: Your Canteen never stores your payment details in our system).
- Generalised understanding of customers’ preferences regarding the service, use of service, feedback, suggestions and improvement requests our customers share with us.
- Some technical information such as operating system, device type, connection type and the IP address from which you are accessing the service.
3. What is your information used for:
We use our customer information in compliance with GDPR requirements in order to provide Your Canteen service. This is required in order for us to:
- Grant you an access to and provision of relevant service functionality in order to supply the service, collect payment, fulfil the order and be able to get in touch should any issues arise.
- To improve the service experience we offer to our customers: For example showing restaurants closest to the user’s location in order to improve their experience and minimise waiting time.
- To contact our customers in order to communicate service changes or updates, inform about available offers and promotions and collect feedback.
- To analyse effectiveness and usability of Your Canteen products, in order to improve the service we provide to our customers.
- To enforce our contractual terms with our customers and any other agreement, for the exercise or defence of legal claims, to protect the rights of Your Canteen, restaurant partners, and/or others.
4. Sharing personal information
In order for us to provide the service and fulfil customers orders we may share some of the personal information with required entities such as:
- Restaurant partners, so that the restaurants can process, customise and deliver the order to the customer. This includes delivery companies operating with or on behalf of the restaurant partners.
- IT services (such as web services, app services, cloud services, hosting providers, CRM partners and others), this is required for provision of the service, data storage and analysis.
- Payment processing providers in order to process payment card transactions. Any of these third parties might be inside or outside your country of residence.
5. Retaining your information
Customer information is stored for a period of time Your Canteen is required to provide the service to the user. After that we will not retain our customers information for longer than we believe is necessary.
- Appropriate timelines for retaining customer information are decided by taking into account our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved, legal requirements to retain data for a certain period of time, statute of limitations under applicable law(s), legitimate business interests (in compliance with GDPR), potential disputes or challenges and data protection authorities guidelines and recommendations.
- When customer information is no longer required it is securely erased.